The word “mental illness” refers to a wide range of mental disorders, which affect your mood, thinking, and behavior. Depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders, and addictive behaviors are all examples of mental illnesses.
Many people suffer from mental health problems from time to time. However, when continuous indicators and symptoms cause continual stress and interfere with your ability to function, it becomes a mental illness.
A mental disorder can make you unhappy and cause difficulties in your day-to-day life, such as at school or at work, or in relationships. In most situations, symptoms may be controlled by using a mix of medicines and talk therapy (psychotherapy).
Mental health issues manifest in a variety of ways, depending on the disease, circumstances, and other factors. Emotions, thoughts, and behaviors can all be affected by mental illness symptoms.
Examples of signs and symptoms include:
- Feeling sad or down
- Confused thinking or reduced ability to concentrate
- Excessive fears or worries, or extreme feelings of guilt
- Extreme mood changes of highs and lows
- Withdrawal from friends and activities
- Significant tiredness, low energy or problems sleeping
- Detachment from reality (delusions), paranoia or hallucinations
- Inability to cope with daily problems or stress
- Trouble understanding and relating to situations and to people
- Problems with alcohol or drug use
- Major changes in eating habits
- Sex drive changes
- Excessive anger, hostility, or violence
- Suicidal thinking
Symptoms of a mental health problem might be physical, such as stomach discomfort, back pain, headaches, or other unexplained pains and aches.
Our clinicians work closely with you and your child, and other areas as needed, to create a personalized treatment plan. ASFY Mental Health Care in Bayonne NJ offers special care for children, teens, and adolescents coping with depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder.
At ASFY we understand how difficult it can be to deal with these conditions. We are here to help you every step of the way.
We know you’re feeling lost and alone, but don’t worry. There are people out there who care about your well-being just as much or more than they do their own! ASFY Mental Health Care in Bayonne, NJ is here for all of those with emotional concerns. Contact us today so we can help take some stress off by giving advice on what might work best in terms of taking control of your life. We all deserve to live our best lives possible, and that includes being mentally healthy.